The Instrument Assisted Therapy seminar is a two day in-depth group seminar gives detailed information of all of the soft tissue dysfunction theories, treatment concepts and IASTM techniques currently used as they are all applicable to the treatment of pain and injury.
We believe that seminars should be about education knowledge and skill acquisition. Not a conduit for sales of a particular brand of IASTM tools. We invited delegates at the seminar to practice and experiment with a range of IASTM tools & brands. These will include tools made from different designs, manufacturing methods and materials. This unique approaches help you select the right tools for your new skills, no matter which brand you choose.
Already purchased your own set of instruments? Great! Bring them to the seminar and we will show you how to get the most out of your IASTM tools.
In part one of the Instrument Assisted Therapy seminar we study the IASTM fundamentals which cover the 5 soft tissue dysfunction theories and 6 application concepts that govern IASTM. By understanding all of the dysfunction theories and IASTM application concepts you can choose which compliment your current understanding on how the human body works and integrate you new skills alongside your current skill set.
We also give detailed information on how materials, design and manufacturing methods affect the function and quality of an instrument. This is important in choosing the right IASTM tools to buy and how much they should cost.
We believe the IASTM fundamentals are important to all professionals, no matter what background you come from and are taught in all of our IASTM seminars.
In part two of the Instrument Assisted Therapy seminar we teach the clear clinical thinking and knowledge that is required for safely and effectively treatment. Instrument Assisted Therapy has became a renowned therapy system for complex pain and soft tissue injuries due to the level of training required to understand the patient’s symptoms and treatment concepts. This allows the selection of the appropriate instrument and techniques to resolve the problem. The success of our IASTM certified practitioners is due to their knowledge and skill and not simply the substitution of a tool instead of their hands.
The Instrument Assisted Therapy Seminar goals include teach you to:
- Identify the appropriate areas to be assessed in relation to the diagnosed condition, patient symptoms and physical assessment findings.
- Identify the specific dysfunctional soft tissue structures to be treated using IASTM techniques as part of your diagnostic evaluation process.
- Determine which IASTM application concept will best meet your treatment goals.
- Determine the most appropriate IASTM techniques that fit with the selected IASTM concept and treatment goals.
- Administer IASTM in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Re-assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment.
In part 3 of the Instrument Assisted Therapy seminar we will study the 13 IASTM techniques and discuss case studies. This seminar has a lot of hands on time practicing both the passive and active techniques in a group setting with instructors at hand to help you get the most out of the experience.
On the first day we will practice with each of the 13 IASTM techniques individually. Teaching which application concept they come from and how to select the appropriate IASTM tool to apply them. This creates a step by step, reproducible system to achieve your goals.
The second day is putting everything together and applying it to case studies body region by body region. In a group setting we discuss the many common complaints seen in practice and also give delegates the opportunity to add difficult cases they may have come across and want to workshop as well. Once each case study has been demonstrate by the instructor the delegates break up into groups to practice. Instructors will be on hand to help and answer any questions during each workshop.
The online component of this seminar is continually evolving to give the best education for our practitioners. This gives you the opportunity to start your learning straight away. This gives us the ability to maximise the use of time at the seminar, so you can get the most out of the experience. After the seminar, you retain access to the online content so you are able to review the information and continue to improve your skills.
As our commitment to your learning, we can alert you to any new and improved online seminar content. Allowing you to stay ahead of the game.
We believe in looking after our practitioners, supporting the people that have invested in us.On successful completion of the Instrument Assisted Therapy Seminar exam, practitioners will receive:
– The IAT Seminar Certificate.
– Access to continued educational support media that specifically relate to this IAT seminar.
– Access to logos, wording and pictures that can be used for websites or client information.
– Practitioner and clinic(s) listing on our dedicated website that helps potiential clients find your expert skills.
– Complimentary Recertification at select IAT seminars worldwide. We will continue to take your skills to the next level, completely free of charge.